Sunday, September 28, 2008

Saturday Morning

Since this is going to be my first blog (the previous one was just an excuse of a blog), what would be better than talking about the team i am obsessed with, Arsenal, along with a certain other things...

Like every weekend by friday night i am done with solitary but ritualistic visit to my favourite hangout in dallas... i am also done with the mask which i put during the week (although only in office), the one where i potray myself as a responsible and hard worker... i do all this with the hope that on Saturday mornings (sometimes Sunday) i will get to see the team i am crazy about, play... i wouldnt bore anyone with how this started or what kind of obsession it is but it is an obsession.... a monstrous one...

I stop caring a damn about the world and anyone in it except for Arsenal and its players... the story was no different this weekend too... i woke up on Saturday morning early even though i had slept only at 4 am to see the Chelsea match which was before Arsenal... Chelsea won pretty comfortably... I also read Liverpool and ManU won their matches... So i realized, now we are in a position where we have to win to stay on top... It was enough to make my Saturday morning nervy already...

But then i had trust in Arsenal and their potential... I was confident we would win... But what happens? They go ahead and lose... to a team which were recently promoted... There is the sucker punch.. to say i was pissed would be an understatement...

I shouted at my roomie... Dint pick up any of my friends call's some of whom were the damn ManU fans... Life looked like getting over... Thats the problem with obsessions... They give you great joy when things go right but rip out the life of you when things screw themselves....

Anyways after that i have no recollection of anything good happening to me... Even if they happened i am sure i would have been too pissed to notice..

Just watched 3 movies, all of which were Romantic comedies... See this is what happens to Single guys... they seem to hook onto sports as if its gonna replace the need for companionship....

Anyways, I am over the loss now.... but our next match is Tuesday and i am sure i would be back in my Euphoric or Suicidal state soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.