Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Financial Meltdown

You ever had that feeling of utter dejection over something which sounds ominous but you don't understand... That is the exact feeling i have about this whole financial meltdown happening all over the world....

2-3 weeks ago i was a carefree man with plans of saving money for my MBA and quitting in an year or 2, finishing my MBA and touching the top of the world... I know it sounds unrealistic especially for me , but i like to have my own fantasies...

Then i heard about the bankruptcy of Lehmann Brothers.. This was followed by some more interesting news about the other giants like Morgan Stanley, Merill Lynch and AIG.. Add WaMu and some other smaller financial firms and it almost sounds like doomsday has arrived... But the bottom line is i just don't understand whats happening...

Things sound bleak... Things seem bleak.... People seem dejected and optimism is the last thing floating around... but still i am not able to bother myself enough to find out what exactly is happening.... Considering procrastination is almost a habit of mine, i feel its about time i come out of it...

So before i go out and do my research about what exactly is happening, i just wanted to commit myself so that i cant back out... so here i am writing a bunch of crap things which doesn't matter to anyone reading (which no one is according to the last count of number of views in my profile) .. But then again when i am done with my research its gonna make a lot of sense for me to write this blog as without this i am 100 per cent sure, i would postpone it again!!

4 comments:

Shiva Sethuraman said...

so did u find out...? :)

Yogesh said...

just enough to know that it wont affect me in the immediate future but might affect me in a few months... kind of knew that already!!!

so you should know now that i haven't actually turned a new leaf in my life!! :):) but then again i am pretty sure you knew that even before you read this!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.